Online sports betting has only further increased the popularity of sports betting, which popular for many years. The most important aspect of sports betting is making the right sports picks. We will be discussing the different types of sports picks and which one is right for you.
- Straight picks – A straight pick is when you pick the winner of a game. This is the most common type of sports pick and is the easiest to understand. Making a straight pick, you simply pick the team you think will win the game. This type of pick is great for beginners or those who are just getting started in sports betting.
- Point spread picks – The spread is a handicap that is given to the underdog in a game to even out the betting. When making a point spread pick, you not only have to pick the winner of the game, but you also have to take the point spread into account. If the point spread is -7, the favourite team would have to win by at least 7 points for you to win the bet. This type of pick is more challenging than a straight pick, but it can also be more rewarding.
- Over/under pick – An over/under pick is when you bet on the total number of points scored in a game. You are essentially betting on whether the total points scored in the game are over or under a certain number. In addition to being challenging, this type of pick also is very rewarding as well.
- Money line picks – A money line pick is when you bet on the winner of the game without the point spread. This type of pick is similar to a straight pick, but the odds are different. When making a money line pick, the odds are usually not even. The favourite team lower odds, while the underdog will have higher odds. This type of pick is great for those who are looking for a bigger payout.
- Teaser picks – This type of sports betting picks is great for those who want to reduce their risk but still have a chance to win a larger payout. When a teaser picks, adjust the point spread by a certain number of points you must pick at least two teams.
- Parlay picks – A parlay pick is when you bet on two or more games. In order to win a parlay bet, you must correctly predict the outcome of all the games you bet on. This type of pick can be very challenging rewarding. There is a direct correlation between the number of games you bet on and the payout that you will receive.
There are many different types of sports picks to choose from when it comes to sports betting. Each type of pick has its own level of difficulty and reward. Understand the different types of sports pick and choose the one that is right for you. If you are a beginner, start with a straight pick or a money line pick. If you are looking for a bigger payout, try a parlay pick or a teaser pick. Types of pick you choose always remember to gamble responsibly and only bet what you can afford to lose.